This workplace approved certification is the most popular first aid and CPR program available in Lethbridge, Alberta. This is a two day course that requires approximately 14 hours of class time to complete. This course meets Alberta workplace requirements for first aid and is popular among teachers, lifeguards, city workers, fire fighters, police officers, students, industry, oil, gas and petroleum workers. Many health care practitioners are required to take this course. This course includes training in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and in the use of automated external defibrillators (AED). To register a workplace approved standard first aid, CPR and AED course in Lethbridge, Alberta scroll to the bottom of the page to view available course dates, times and locations.
How Much Does the Course Cost?
The cost of the course is –. Included in the cost of the course is workplace approved certification fees, taxes and training manual (yours to take home).
What Kind of Certification Will I Receive?
Participants that successfully complete this course will receive a workplace approved standard first aid, CPR and AED certificate that meets Alberta workplace requirements and is valid throughout Canada for 3 years. Certification is provided as a wallet sized card, however, a wall mount award is also available upon request.
What CPR Certification Will I Receive?
Participants that enrol in this course will have the option to partner the course with either CPR level “A” (adult CPR only), CPR level “C” (adult, child and infant CPR) or CPR level “HCP” (adult, child and infant CPR at a health care provider level.
What Do I need to do to Pass?
To successfully complete this course you need to attend 100% of the course, complete the skills components and complete the multiple choice test with a minimum score of 75%.
What Will I Learn in this Course?
Participants enrolled in this course will learn about the following aspects of first aid and CPR:
- How to be prepared to safely respond to emergencies
- When and how to contact the Emergency Medical System (911)
- How to recognize and manage airway and breathing emergencies including choking
- How to recognize and manage circulatory emergencies such as strokes, cardiac arrest, heart attacks and transient ischemic attacks
- How to care for victims with wounds, head and spinal injuries
- How to recognize and manage bone, muscle and joint injuries including sprains and strains
- How to provide care for sudden medical emergencies such as seizures and anaphylaxis
- How to recognize and provide care for environmental emergencies including poisonings.
How Long is the Course?
This course takes two days to complete (approximately 14 hours of class time)
We proudly offer workplace approved standard first aid and CPR private courses in Lethbridge, Alberta. We can provide courses privately for groups of any size at our training centre or we can come to you. To book, inquire or request a private course please contact us via telephone, email or use our contact form.
Refunds or Transfers
Refunds and transfers are not accepted within 72 hours of the course. Prior to this time you can receive a full refund.