Individuals that work in the childcare or daycare environment may be required to be certified in workplace approved standard childcare first aid. This course includes CPR level “B” and automated external defibrillator training. This is a two-day course that requires approximately 16 hours to complete. Participants that successfully complete this course receive a workplace approved wallet size certificate (wall-mount certificate provided upon request) that is valid throughout Canada for 3 years. To register for this course scroll to the bottom of the page to view all available workplace approved childcare first aid, CPR and AED courses available in Lethbridge, Alberta.
What Will I Learn?
Participants that enrol in this workplace approved training course will learn about the following topics:
- How to respond to and be prepared for emergencies
- When and how to contact EMS
- Breathing, circulatory and airway emergencies which include choking, anaphylaxis, asthma, hyperventilation, vomitting and regurgitation
- Circulatory emergencies including heart attacks, stroke, angina, transient ischemic attacks (TIA) and deadly bleeding
- Managing and recognizing head, spine and other skeletal injuries
- Muscle and joint injuries which include sprains and strains
- Wound care including abrasions, lacerations and amputations
- Sudden medical emergencies which include seizures
- Environmental emergencies which include heat cramps, heat stroke and hypothermia
- Managing and recognizing poisons which include ingested, injected, absorbed and inhaled poisons
- Childhood illnesses and other childhood issues such as shaking baby syndrome
- How to keep children safe
Is CPR and AED Training Included?
Participants that register for this course will receive training and certification in CPR level “B” and in the use of AED’s. CPR level “B” involves learning CPR rescue techniques for child and infant victims.
How Much Does This Course Cost?
The cost of this course is –. Included in the price of the course is applicable taxes, workplace approved certification fees and a take home first aid and CPR manual.
Are Private Courses Available?
Yes, we proudly offer workplace approved standard childcare first aid, CPR level “B” and AED courses in Lethbridge to groups of almost any size. To request a quote or to book a course contact us via email, telephone, contact form or through our on-line chat.
Refunds and Transfers
Refunds and transfers are not accepted within 72 hours of the course. Prior to this time you can request a full refund.
We are not currently offering workplace approved Childcare First Aid and CPR Level “B” Courses in Lethbridge. Please visit the workplace approved website at www.redcross.ca to find a first aid provider near you.